Healthy hair does not only improve your appearance and confidence. Having it also means reducing the possibility for more stress in our daily life. You do not have to hide it under your hat or complain to the world about “having a bad hair day.” Unfortunately, some of the hair products we use may contain toxins. These may cause your hair to be in jeopardy. An alternative solution to this problem is to have kaolin for hair products. How effective is it to have healthier, more stylish hair as a result?
Why Kaolin Is Healthier for Your Hair
Why is kaolin healthier for your hair? First of all, kaolin is a mineral clay made of kaolinite. The United States, China, and Brazil are the countries to find this natural material. The type of kaolin often used in industry is white. However, there are other colors of kaolin. For example: pink, green, red, and yellow.
Many products use kaolin in their ingredients, for example, toothpaste, soap, detergent, deodorant, and many other healthcare products. Some work wonders to soften the skin, absorb oil and water, and reduce skin irritation.
With these functions, you need to have kaolin for hair products at home. There are things that you can do with kaolin for hair care:
- Use it as a hair mask to restore the moisture in your hair. It can also heal your dried scalp and absorb the dirt and residue from the shampoo and conditioner you shower.
- Kaolin’s form is powder-like in texture. Because of this, you can use it as a dry shampoo. It helps to absorb the oil, which works wonders for greasy hair. Another thing that you can do with it is to mix it with warm water or other liquid substances. That way, it will become paste-like.
- Are you suffering from hair breakage and dandruff problems? Add some kaolin clay into your hairstyling products. Then use them to treat your hair.
- Are you suffering from dry, brittle hair because of the loss of natural oil in it?
You can also use kaolin for your mustache and beard. As a gentle exfoliant, kaolin helps to remove dead skin. It will give your skin some time to renew itself and will glow after that. It also works wonders for your scalp.
Not only making your hair healthier, but the use of kaolin in your shampoo or conditioner can also make your hair look more stylish. The hairdo you have kept since morning will also last longer, despite the changing of the weather, exposure to dust, and the wind.
Recipe Kaolin for Hair Care
To start using hair products for healthier and more stylish hair, you must find those that have already contained kaolin in them. That way, you do not have to work your mixture of kaolin shampoo or hair conditioner.
If you still have hair care products that do not have kaolin, that is still okay. You can start by purchasing a great amount of white kaolin clay online or at your local health product shops. Then mix kaolin with warm water and apply it to your hair.
Here is a sample of a recipe for kaolin hair care:
- 3 tablespoons of kaolin white clay.
- 1.5 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of castor oil.
- (optional) 2 tablespoons of rose hydrosol.
- 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
After you have collected all the ingredients above, here is what you can do with them:
- Combine and stir them all together until you can form them into a smooth, lumpy paste. Put an extra tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to reduce its thickness as you need it to be.
- Prepare a small glass jar. Scoop the lumpy paste into it.
How To Use:
Wash your hair until it is damp. Apply the lump into your hair. Gently massage it into your damp hair, all the way from the roots to the tips of your hair. Once your hair is well-coated with it, leave it alone for two minutes. Wash it down with a full-blast, cold shower. After that, gently dry it with a towel.
Do this for two weeks. Add some more water if it gets too thick again.
Thanks to kaolin for hair products, then no more bad hair days for you. Your stylish locks will last longer too.